Kids

Kids
The reason I do what I do!

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Unexpected grief

This blog came to a grinding halt with the death of innocent children last week at Sandy Hook Elementary. Then came news of unexpected grief in our own lives. 

My daughters best friends mother passed away suddenly on Sunday morning.  This mother had a very troubled past and in the end that is what took her life.She was 46.

This was a very tragic death that has shook me not because of how it happened but that God has spoken so LOUDLY to me through it. I have been so convicted I am moved to tears daily. God is showing me the truth in loving people WHERE THEY ARE is what He did and we are to do that too. I have nothing on and am no better than the woman at the well.

As my husband and I made the decision long ago that our daughter could be friends with this girl with boundaries, like no sleep overs at her house, no hanging out inside the home, we welcomed this darling girl into our home with open arms. My AWESOME daughter invited her to our Wednesday confirmation classes and it has changed this girls life.

In doing this, it has open up our heart to a new grief. It has been a heart wrenching to explain to a 13 year old what an autopsy is or to try to keep her occupied as they remove the body from the house. These are thing I wish on no one.

As I am trying to comfort this precious girl I see that God is comforting me in his reassurance that I am becoming more loving like him. 

I heard God audibly speak to me this week. It was the most loving and scary thing I have ever had happen to me. He told me, Thank You for loving this child as I do.

Short and sweet...... His words are still ringing in my ears.





No comments:

Post a Comment