Kids

Kids
The reason I do what I do!

Monday, December 10, 2012

Keep it HOLY!!!!

Sabbath.....Rest....

This topic came up in my small group tonight. 
Lots of local businesses are closed. Fareway, Hobby Lobby, and 
Chick fil a.
 
What does it mean to us? How do you use your day of rest?

I am guilty of doing "things" on Sundays. Cooking and laundry are really the only laborious things I do on Sunday. Am I being to legalistic? 
How picky is God? 
Does he not want my family to be cared for?

Then it was like the spirit brought to my mind that these business I mentioned earlier are INTENTIONAL with their "day of rest".

Am I?
Do I intentionally prep my meals ahead. YES!  
I only cook 1 meal on Sunday. (usually noon) and then try to rest and refresh myself and my family the rest of the day. 
Then for the evening meal we call it "fend for yourself". Popcorn, ice cream or whatever you make for your own dinner.

What the spirit reveled to me is that in doing this I am prepping my son to not expect his future wife to wait on him on a Sunday evening. And my daughters are being taught that it is okay to slow down and take time to not only prepare one meal but that it is more important to prepare your heart.

I may not be doing nothing.......
But the spirit showed me I AM DOING SOMETHING. 


No comments:

Post a Comment