Kids

Kids
The reason I do what I do!

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

If you say so....

I am a collector of nativities. I love them. I have close to 100 and love arranging them and putting them out each holiday season.

The discussion comes up every year... Do we put all the baby Jesus away till Christmas day? Or do we set them out now and ponder why he came here?
(I think we have legalism issues! HA!)

In thinking about it I read the accounts of His birth in all of the gospels today. 
WOW! 
4 totally different accounts. Two focus on God perspective, (Mark & John) one focuses on Josephs perspective ( Matthew), & Mary perspective is in Luke.

Why the difference?
Well each one was inspired by God to be written but written by different authors. 

Funny thing is I can see it from all points of view. 
God's view is that He was there in the beginning and He came to earth for the sole purpose to die to redeem us.

From Josephs view, he was disgraced and want to sort this out quietly and not make a scene. But even in Joseph saying I want to take care of this"my way" when the angel shows up he is obedient and follows God's lead.

Mary's  perspective is the one that gets me. It says she was greatly troubled. 
Ya think???
I think that is how I would react. She is told she will give birth and then she starts in with the questions to the angel. How can this be??? 
I would react with more than a few questions I am sure.
She wanted an explanation.
And God, through the angel, gave it to her.

And that was it... Once explained She said " I am the Lord servant. May it be as you said"

She basically said OK.... IF YOU SAY SO.....
She KNEW she was CALLED!!

I know this too. I am also called to serve Him with no lingering questions, no what if this happens, or can I do it this way??? 

I TOO AM THE LORD'S SERVANT!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment