Kids

Kids
The reason I do what I do!

Monday, December 31, 2012

Loving thy neighbor ~ 2~

The next 4 references to Love you neighbor have to do with how you should go about this.....
As you would yourself. (Matt 19:19, Matt 22:39,Mark 12:31 Mark 12:33)

Nothing says Bulleye more!! 
I am not sure I love myself and this is where my struggle begins.

I am not 100% sure it is meaning actual I love myself, but maybe the aspect of accepting myself.
If I can not accept who I am in Christ it makes it really hard for me to put on Christ and see others as He does.

In certain situations I find this easy to do, like my little neighbor girl who lost her mom, I see her with Christ's eyes as a orphan, I am willing to love her and bring her into my house whenever I can share Christ's love with her.

But other times when I feel betrayed by someone whom I thought was a friend, putting on Christ and loving them like He would is very difficult.

But in Mark 12:33 it says that when you do love your neighbor as yourself it is more important than burnt offerings and sacrifices. These things are what the old testament refers to as a sweet aroma to God. 
This pleases Him.
This is what I should strive for.
Another challenge to help transform me.

No comments:

Post a Comment