Kids

Kids
The reason I do what I do!

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Our family will be growing....

God is up to something. Adding a new person to our lives and changing us. I thought I was ready for this, going from 1 to 3 children in 17 years was a breeze. What could come along and shake me to my core?

 A boyfriend....  

Don't get me wrong. We love him so far! But with adding someone in to our mix has challenged us. In so many ways. Ways I never even imagined.

We have lost sleep. Like having a newborn, teens like to stay up late, watch movies and talk and do a whole lot of nothing.

Feedings on demand- I have made 20 quesadillas, malts at midnight, and double batches of cookies not even get one taste.

Energy and movement like toddlers. Always going, going, going, like energizer bunnies.

It has been amazing what God has been showing me.
How has this CHALLENGED me? 
How is it CHANGING me?

I am seeing I am set in my ways. Things can be done in another way and just because it is not MY way it is not wrong.

I am seeing that I do not have all the answers, but God does and 
HE HAS THIS COVERED. 

I am seeing all the virtues we have instilled in our daughter come to life in this relationship, and with God's help, we have not done too bad.

I am seeing my daughter change from a girl who love Jesus, to a young woman who seeks to follow God.

I am seeing that even though this means my daughter might leave our home someday with this young man, (or another God provides) God will be the balm for my aching heart.

I see my family is growing. I have another person to love. I never thought I could love an "outsider" as one of my own children. But God is showing me I can.

God is showing me what He sees.When a non believer comes into His family. He sees US ALL as adopted and heirs to his throne.  
He has room for US ALL.

As for the future for my daughters relationship, it is in God's hands.
But what I do see are His hands, gently cutting and pruning MY branches during all this....











No comments:

Post a Comment