Kids

Kids
The reason I do what I do!

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Seeing the forest from a tree

Reading Luke 19 this morning and the account of Zacchaeus is saying somethings to me. 

First this dude was loaded, short, but loaded. Which shows me you can't have it all. 
But the crazy thing is he was still searching for something. He had a job as a tax collector, which I am sure he profited from greatly. But he also had something else pulling him along......a curiosity about Jesus.

So being short he climbed into a tree. Now that took some effort and planning, not your everyday biblical workout I am sure.
But I ask WHY??? Just to see Jesus?

I see God preparing a heart to be CHANGED.

Not sure how long he was up in the tree but it was long enough that when Jesus got close, stopped and told him to come down, HE OBEYED! I am sure this was not on Zacchaeus agenda for the day.

Not only that Jesus said," I am coming over to your house" so get ready. I hear that as a preparatory calling. Zacchaeus has some heart changes that need to happen. 

His human nature could have said no thanks, or come next week. But immediately, as other people were hopping on the gossip train, Zacchaeus repented of all he had done in over charging people. He was going to settle accounts with man and in doing so he SETTLED HIS ACCOUNT WITH GOD.

All of this got me thinking.... 
Am I curious? 
Do I long and look for ways to see Jesus?  

Sometimes I am so worried about my agenda and making sure my kids learn biblical lessons I overlook my need to get out of the tree and obey, or even to repent and change.

Jesus did not barge his way in to Zacchaeus life, wag his finger at him, and tell him what to change. He made himself available.

He is there waiting for us to climb down and bow down to our own will.

I want to be changed like Zacchaeus.













No comments:

Post a Comment