Kids

Kids
The reason I do what I do!

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Sit down!

God showed up at the dinner table.

I have always been a stickler on sitting down and eating meals as a family. We have done this for years all most every night. And as my children are growing up it is becoming increasingly difficult to keep this up.

And as I was reading and looking up some of the ways Jesus ate with people it was casual sitting on rocks eating fish or sitting a Zacchaeus or Lazarus house. Till He shared the last supper with his disciples. Then it was a HOLY MEAL.

Digging into why the meal was so important I found that it was one of the 1st places of preparation in the temple. In Hebrews 9:1-2 God wanted there to be a place, A HOLY PLACE, in preparation for something on the other side of the curtain. The MOST HOLY PLACE.(see below)

Now the first covenant had regulations for worship and also an earthly sanctuary. A tabernacle was set up. In its first room were the lampstand and the table with its consecrated bread; this was called the Holy Place. Behind the second curtain was a room called the Most Holy Place

Oh WOW! That is exactly what I have been experiencing. It is a joyous and bonding time for me and my family. And OH WOW!!!  He is preparing me for the Great banquet table in HIS presence.

 Luke 14:15-16     The Parable of the Great Banquet
15 When one of those at the table with him heard this, he said to Jesus, “Blessed is the one who will eat at the feast in the kingdom of God.”
16 Jesus replied: “A certain man was preparing a great banquet and invited many guests.

HE IS preparing a wonderful banquet for us! How Joyous it will be!! 
Till then I think I will keep practicing here on earth.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment