Kids

Kids
The reason I do what I do!

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Safe in HIS quiver!

In my study today I was reading Isaiah 49. It was a long passage on being a servant of the Lord.  I tried to read the whole thing but got distracted (which happens easily) with the reference to an arrow.

Isaiah 49:2b-3
he made me into a polished arrow
    and concealed me in his quiver.
He said to me, “You are my servant,
    Israel, in whom I will display my splendor.”


In doing research on Wikipedia I read about arrows. Wow!!  I learned so much....  

The shafts of arrows are made of lots of different materials and what they are made of effects how far the arrow will go.

The blunts or points of the arrows are different depending on what it is used for,the job of the arrow.

The fletchings are the feathers or foil  on the ends which help the arrow fly in a specific direction.

The knocks are slits or an area of the end shaft where the string of the bow fit.

AMAZING!

I got stuck here for a reason.
 He made me.... He designed me for a specific purpose. 
The material he has crafted me from  is determing the way I am going in life. He uses me in different was putting different blunts on me doing different jobs he has for me to do.
God is always there being my fletching. Through His Word, Spirit and His Son he is continually guiding me.
The string of the His bow will always fit into my knocks, so he can use me.

But the COOL thing is the quiver! The quiver is a safe place. It is always attached to a body. 

Attached to God is where I want to be. Safe in his quiver.




No comments:

Post a Comment