Kids

Kids
The reason I do what I do!

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

More than good... Godly

This should not have happened and I am still wrestling with God on this one. 
A 42 year old husband and father of 4 gone in an instant......

This man was a hard worker.He had a full time job and also managed a family farm and cattle. His work ethic was so strong.

He took his family to church each week. Helped start prayer groups and was an elder and a deacon at his church.

He was an amazing husband and father in leading & loving his family.

He was a praying man. He prayed continually for people in his life and people on the college campus he worked on. If you had a maintenance issue at the dorms on the ISU campus and he was on call, know you were prayed for.

He was a honest and loyal son. Helping his parents on their farm.  And he always there to lend a hand in whatever way possible in the small farming community.

All of these things are what society looks as as "GOOD". 

But God looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7

His heart was pure and for the Lord. He gave his life to the Lord as a teen and never looked back. He lead his family and others with wreckless abandon to the CROSS because he knew that all the "GOOD" he did meant nothing unless they first surrender themselves at the cross.That is being GODLY!

In my study today I was reading Romans 3. Verse 22 stuck out to me....WE ARE ALL THE SAME..... Unless we have the Righteousness of Christ, WE ARE ALL THE SAME!

So I'll stand
With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One who gave it all

So I'll stand

My soul Lord to You surrendered
All I am is Yours


Thank you Noel Shepley for living  your life with arms high and heart abandoned for all to see.
See ya in Heaven my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment