Kids

Kids
The reason I do what I do!

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sweet aroma

Deciding to write a blog.... what do I have to say that anyone would want to hear.  

Well even if this is just therapy for me it will be effective. I am not making any promises to write once a week, month, I might write 2-3 times a day. I will be prompted by  Spirit, the Word and God.

Sweet aroma.... that is what we are to be. All through Genesis, Exodus, and Leviticus it references the "aroma" of offerings to the LORD.  

In my quiet time the other day in Mark 14 right before Jesus was to die, a woman took expensive perfume and poured it as an "offering" on his feet. The disciples questioned her wasting it, but Jesus said "leave her alone".

 I have been struggling with this for several weeks now with someone in my life who does not see value in how I "pour" out my offering. God has given me many gifts. I am BLESSED with a very giving spirit and love to do things for others as a service to Him. 

My goal this week has been to hear Christs words as He says "she has done a beautiful thing for me", and remember that it is Him I am bringing glory to, not others.

 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.  Colossians 3:14


No comments:

Post a Comment