Kids

Kids
The reason I do what I do!

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Ooops!

Another Jodi FAIL!!! 

Two years ago around Christmas time I mentioned Alvin and the chipmunks in passing to my kids. They all looked at me like I was from another planet. So I wanted them to have the same silly joy and love of Alvin, Simon & Theodore that I had growing up.

So we ran into to the computer and I you tubed a version of the Christmas song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hAUWyp0qzs&playnext=1&list=PL69C81CBD38A1A815&feature=results_video

Well the link I provided is the original. But that day I clicked on the 1st one I saw. Needless to say we got to the chorus and Alvin started cussing and being a very foul mouthed chipmunk.

My kids mouths dropped and they were in shock that mom would like such a song. I grabbed the mouse and clicked on everything I could to shut it down.  

After the trauma, I apologized to the kids and said I should not just clicked on the 1st one I saw and it was a good lesson on, not everything is safe on the internet.

So at dinner they proceed to tell their dad about Alvin and the Chipmunks and my littlest one chimes in and says "Yeah but he cusses! We should not click on him anymore"........

Lesson learned by this momma. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment