Kids

Kids
The reason I do what I do!

Friday, November 23, 2012

Full tummies and full tanks

So Full!

There is so much to be THANKFUL for. I am rereading The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman and it could not come at a better time.

I  highly recommend this book! I have read this book before and am reading it again for training purposes and think it is something we all need to hear again and again. 

We fill each others emotional tanks day in and day out. With Thanksgiving yesterday and a week filled with family,
 MY TANK IS FULL! 

As events have played out this week, I have seen that there are people in my life who tanks are low or just running on vapors. I am called to by God, to help fill their tanks with encouraging words and love so they can in turn do the same for others.

Dr. Chapman says "At the heart of mankind's existence is the desire to be intimate and loved by another."
Not only our spouses,our children, friends, but even the clerk at the store, your waitress, and your co-workers. All are longing to feel loved and  to be needed.

Therefore, encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 1 Thes.5:11

Loving others is so EASY for me! Giving time, things, and emotional love are things I do daily.
I LOVE GIVING!  I have been told I give too much. But looking at my Biblical mandate, I see why the Lord and given me this gift. 

Yes there are those people in our lives that need EXTRA GRACE. And at times, I am one of those people and so are you. 

Our CHALLENGE is to rise above ourselves and put on LOVE. Just as Christ did for us.
And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3:13-15


Happy Thanksgiving!



No comments:

Post a Comment