Kids

Kids
The reason I do what I do!

Friday, November 16, 2012

CONTROL FREAK!!!!

In my quiet time this morning God spoke again through one of the stories I had heard 100's of times.  In the story of Jesus healing the sick woman I am amazed at the grace throughout the story. See Luke 8:40-48

First of all who wants to bleed for a week, let alone 12 years......Next this chick must have had a terribly hard life for the last 12 years. Custom would be, because she was bleeding, she would have been removed from her household till she was "clean". She had to live in a tent outside her home.  Now there is no mention of a family, but there had to be someone she would have been removed from.... So she was more than likely lonely. She was more than likely mocked or at least the "talk" of the tents. And she must have been desperate. Desperate enough to take matters into her own hands.

It seemed like she had encounter with Jesus planned out. A "touch and go" if you will. After that she would be on her merry way and returned to her normal life. First emerged herself as part of "the crowd" then she went in for the move. I need to give this girl credit, 1st she was hanging with other believers, 2nd she knew who could heal her. Her down fall was that she wanted all this on HER terms.

OH how many times have I done the same. My idea, my plan, my manipulating the circumstances so everything is just so...

She was called out. Not only called out but, HEALED and called out. 

"Who touched me?"..... really?  
Like Jesus really needed to ask this, He is Mr. all knowing.
But that question moved her to a place of fear.
And that FEAR and ADMITTANCE of her plan to touch Him to be healed was where her healing became COMPLETE.

I am usually pretty happy and maybe even smug when a "plan" of mine goes as I planned. It is when it does not go according to my plan when I get upset. During that time, I need to hear Jesus calling ME out. 
Now I am not saying I am giving up planning things, (NO WAY!) but what I need to do is check my heart and make sure that what I am planning is for God's glory and not my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment