Kids

Kids
The reason I do what I do!

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

mom musings

It is the hardest job I have ever had. It the job I love and hate. If ever I act or look schizophrenic it is because I am a MOM!

Knowing when to let go, ask, or even push is a daily quandary with 3 kids. I can not even fathom how Bobbi Mc Caughey or Mrs.Dugger do it.

I love so deeply that this job is REALLY hard for me. So today I was looking at the example of Mary and I can see it was not easy for her either.

She was an obedient wife and traveled on a donkey, miles from home, in labor, to give birth in a barn.
NOT ME!
She moved at the drop of a hat with a toddler to a very foreign city.
I hate moving.
Then when her son was about 12, she lost him and left him behind.
Wow! I haven't lost a kid yet.
She was a pushy mom, who wanted her son to perform a miracle at a wedding.
I would like my kids to miraculously unload the dishwasher.....
As her son leaves the home and goes into the world, she is rejected, "who is my mother"?
She knows he must go out into the world.
This one is hard for me. It hits a tender spot in my heart. I can not fathom not having my kids here.
(the words EMPTY NEST make me cry uncontrollably)
Then we hear nothing of her for quite a while.
She is still there......
The last we hear of her,she is standing at the cross watching her son die.
(I can not imagine this either)
 But some of His last words are, that she be cared for. He loved her enough to take care of her future, on earth and on the cross.

Through all of this I see Mary instilled what she could in her son and sent him off to do God's work.
That is what I am called to do also. Mary was not perfect and I do not need to be either.
Grace abounds for all of us mom's whether we loose our patience or cling on to them too long.

Mary accepted the call to be the mother of the MESSIAH and did a fine job.
I accepted the call to be a mom and God told me today: BE THE BEST ONE YOU CAN BE.





No comments:

Post a Comment