Kids

Kids
The reason I do what I do!

Monday, November 26, 2012

Loss

Loss has hit us in a couple ways this past weekend. One is loss of life of our dear friend. And as the shock of this tragic accident is setting in, I can see God working in so many ways.

 Our friend was an amazing man of God who married his sweetheart and together they raised 4 girls. He was an elder at his church but more importantly he lived his faith out for all to see. It was a shock to us but not to God. God did not say oops I dropped the ball and this man of God is now in heaven. He knew our friends days and each one of them were fulfilled in God's time and with His purpose in mind.

The second loss was more the loss of a dream for someone who is close to us. When a person chooses a destructive path of addiction and not the way of the Lord it can bring ruin and sadness to a family.  In doing so, this person has shattered the dreams of their whole family by not being what God has called them to be. But this is also fulfilling God's purpose.

Each one of these situations has a heart wrenching pain that can linger for years to come. But each situation will change all involved and should make us look at our lives through the lens of God and ask: 
WHAT AM I DOING ON THIS EARTH TO FULFILL GOD'S PURPOSE? HOW AM I USING WHAT HE GAVE ME?

God has provided us with a great deal and blessed us with so much. But using it for HIS GLORY to FURTHER HIS KINGDOM is our call. Being selfish and squandering the blessings make us look like spoiled brats in his eyes and discipline will follow.

When I arrive in heaven I want the Lord to say "well done my good and faithful servant:".(Matt. 25:21). Not," what did you do with what I gave you." (Matt.25:29)





No comments:

Post a Comment