Kids

Kids
The reason I do what I do!

Saturday, January 12, 2013

No More Perfect Moms~ch 4~ My Multi Purpose Body

When I read the title of Chapter 4, I groaned and thought, Oh No...No more perfect bodies.... Really???
Just what I need after  all the Christmas goodies I have eaten.
This chapter is gonna hurt.

But as I read, God showed me I was closer to healing than hurting in this area.

Ever since I was young, I struggled with my weight. And still battle food choices daily. Some days I win.... some days I don't. But during my battle, I have used my body as God has provided. Here is a short list of what This BIG BEAUTIFUL BODY HAS DONE!

I have been pregnant 5 times.... I have carried 3 to term. God has BLESSED my womb and made it fruitful. Even with the pain of loss.

My breasts have fed my children, though I was not successful in feeding them a long as most mom's. (my kids HATED breastfeeding!) 
I experienced it, and now God has showed me they are multipurpose and we are on to use #2. (HA!)

My arms have lifted more laundry baskets than a Olympic weightlifter has lifted. I can not bench press or do curls but my arms strong enough for MY purpose.

My brain can not compute complicated precalculus problems or solve world peace, but it can coordinate 5 schedules, add meal planning, church, 1 boyfriend, and keep the house running in a semi organized fashion. Precalculus is sooooo overrated!

My feet have endured enough legos that I am pretty sure walking on hot burning coals would be a breeze!

My hands are strong enough to kneed bread, yet gentle enough to wipe a tear from the cheek of my daughter who has a broken heart.

My body does have a purpose. MULTI PURPOSE! 
May I continue to use it for HIS GLORY!

1 comment: