Kids

Kids
The reason I do what I do!

Friday, January 4, 2013

No More Perfect Moms ~Chapter 1~ My Masks

I admit it I want everyone to think that I have all my ducks in a row!

But really I am a mess, my duckling are everywhere but in a row, and some of them are making noises that would embarrass even the toughest goose!

But I can put on a pretty good show and with the right mask covering my face and any other part that might show, NO ONE NEEDS TO KNOW!

Needless to say I am one quack away from a funny farm and no one really knows it.

I have a collection of masks:

The Perfect Wife mask- it hides my disobedience and willingness to yield to my husband.

The Best Mom in the world mask- it hides my short temper, my meddling, and my sarcastic tone.

A Homeschool Mom mask- it hides my "Oh CRAP" moments of failed lessons, lesson plans, and being behind on my grading.

My Friend mask- it hides most of the above failures and also makes me seem like I am hospitable, gracious, and caring.

My Volunteer mask- it hides my grumpy attitude of feeling like I HAVE TO.

My Child of God mask- this one is so deceptive, even to myself, I put this one on so others think I am SUPER CHRISTIAN.

Quite a collection I have for myself.......

 I need to remember what the LORD told Samuel in Sam. 16:7 "The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

Destroying my masks and showing my failures lets God deal with my heart. Guess that is my 2013 resoultion!

No more Perfect Moms~ Jill Savage~ Excerpt from Chapter 1-(condensed)
You are not the only mom who feels worthless
You are not the only mom who yelled at her kids today
You are not the only mom who has struggled with infertility
You are not the only mom that wishes her husband would hold her and listen to her
You are not the only mom who feels she has no friends
You are not the only mom who wants to run away
You are not alone. You are among friends struggling with these same issues
  

2 comments:

  1. when reading this I was thinking to myself that it's funny that we all have these mask, and if we all have them why do we try to hind who we are. I understand why, I have them too. And working hard to take off one at a time. My first one is I need no help I got this mask..I'm with you my duck are all over and I think I may have lost a few but I'm not sure there are just to many. Thanks for the post can not wait to read the book. It's on my list to get why at Hearts at Home if it's out by then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be out in Early Feb.!!!!!

    ReplyDelete