Kids

Kids
The reason I do what I do!

Monday, January 28, 2013

~CH 9~ Homemaking 101

This blog is going to be one of the easiest for me to write!
 I love homemaking!!!

I am a homemaking nerd. I love cooking, painting, and all decorating.
My biggest issue is, I wish I had more $ to do it.

But through all my 24 years of marriage I have been blessed by God.
We did start out with a nasty old used love seat, we had hand me down bed from my parents house, and even old dishes from my Grandmother.

Having those things when I was first married, has made me THANKFUL for all God has given to me now. Not that I am buying new stuff everyday mind you, but when I do get the chance to buy a piece of furniture or set of dishes, it makes me cherish all that has been given so freely to me.


Freely is a term at the Prideaux house we use loosely. 
I LOVE  re purposing and refinishing stuff I get for free. 
I go out in the spring, when our community has JUNK days and get furniture, picture frames, decor, and lots of other things. People are always amazed at what I find and what I do with it.
It has become such a obsession that I collect stuff and have a sale each year and make $100s of dollars on other peoples TRASH. 

They say.... One mans trash is another mans treasure. I Love that! 
God gave me a creative mind, storage space, and a great sense of how to use stuff. For that I am thankful.
The old saying "God don't make no junk" is true.
 He has showed me what to to with all the junk in my (vans) trunk .

I challenge you to think how can I reuse or use this in a different way. I have old freezer baskets in each bathroom with all my towels in them.  I have painted empty frames and decorated walls just like on pinterest at the cost of a can of $3 paint. I have swimming pool toys people were going to throw out at the end of a season that are perfectly good. My patio set was free, along with the old blue Christmas lights strung out there.  It is a perfect way to spend a summer night!

God has given us more that we can ever imagine or dream of.

 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us Eph 3:20

No comments:

Post a Comment