Kids

Kids
The reason I do what I do!

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

No More perfect Moms~Ch 3~ My kids are not perfect!

My kids are not perfect! 
I know this because God is continually using their imperfections to change me.

Right now in my life my biggest challenges has been overestimating my child's ability.

I am expecting adult like decisions..... this from people who stand in front of the refrigerator with the door open for 10 minuets trying to decide what to eat for lunch. 

How can I expect them to make a decision of what activity they need to drop because their schedule is too full, to decide a career path in jr. high, or even decided on ending a relationship that will effect the rest of their life?

I fully accept my role as mother and enjoy it so much. Yes there is a BUT coming. 
But I have been finding that just because God made me their mother,
does not mean I am SUPREME CONTROLLER OF THE UNIVERSE. 

I am a control FREAK! 
And part of  my reality is that I have several children & a spouse who are passive.
And lets just say decision making is not a priority to them. 
So I take it upon myself to help them decide things.
Some of this has to do with my impatience but a bigger part is my insecurity.

What WE need is LOVE! Unconditional love.

God gives it to me, 
I need to:
a) receive it
b) give it

Jill Savage says in No More Perfect Moms, "by loving unconditionally & providing a secure environment, Love makes it safe to fail."
I need to reject my insecurities and accept God's grace to fail. 

Doing this will free me from having to be in control and let God do His job that I stole.
God, You are  the SUPREME CONTROLLER OF THE UNIVERSE!



You can read the First three chapters of No More Perfect Moms here:http://www.amazon.com/No-More-Perfect-Moms-Learn/dp/0802406378/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357254677&sr=8-1&keywords=no+more+perfect+moms






No comments:

Post a Comment