Kids

Kids
The reason I do what I do!

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

This is MY territory

I am still trucking along in my Jabez study, and today's topic is territory. 
What is mine.....
When I was first married it is a lot different than it is now. 

I consider my home my terrirtory.

Anyone who enters, calls, or even looks at it is a person I can influence for God.

Not only that I can use my home to do His work too.
From taking a family friend a meal, 
to welcoming teenagers over to swim in the pool.
   
My home speaks about me and who I am in Christ. 
Am I giving, welcoming, warm, and gracious. 
Is the welcome mat always out? 

Not only that but does my heart reflect that warm and graciousness

Recently God placed 2 situations in my life to see how I would react to having my home open to strangers. The first time was a time of crisis for someone else and it was easy for me to do but when the 2nd call came.... I was so hesitant!

In looking ahead to this I see that God has given me so much and I fall back on the verse in  Luke 12:48.
Where it says to whom much is given much is expected. 

God is giving me territory and I have to decide if I am going to hold on to the handle of my door tightly, or let it stay wide open and be used by Him. 

And today being Ash Wednesday I am reminded that when we approach the communion table of the Lord,
ALL ARE WELCOME.

Lord, let my Home be a place where all are welcome. 
Amen 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment