Kids

Kids
The reason I do what I do!

Monday, February 11, 2013

Out of pain

I picked up my Bible and started looking for Jabez. I had read the prayer of Jabez years ago and had been given a copy of the Bible study recently. 

On my recent break I had thrown the Bible study in my "to do" bag along with several other books and movies.

On Friday morning I picked up the Bible study and got my Bible out.
First of all the verses that relate to Jabez were short and to the point. He was no great character who had chapters and chapters written about him.

It is 3 verses!!! I am awe struck! So I read it several times asking the Lord what he wanted me to hear and how he wanted me to internalize these few scriptures.

It says Jabez was more honorable than his brothers. He was named because of the pain his mother felt in childbirth. 
Wow! What a stone tied around Jabez's neck. 
Not just at birth, the pain that his mother felt was placed on his shoulders for his LIFE!

We all have had pain in our life. Whether it be words some one said to hurt you or physical pain you have endured, it can scar you.

In my life, I was told a story of how when I was born my father wanted a boy so bad that when he heard "It's a Girl!" his response was a very negative "I didn't hear that."
That hurt and still does if I think about it too long.

Jabez took his pain and did not let it hinder him in asking God to enlarge his territory.
Why should I let my pain hinder me?
What about those words chains me down?

All I need to know is that my Heavenly Father knew I was a girl and He had a purpose for me.

In the weeks before my fathers death in July, he said He was so thankful that I was born and that I was a girl. That I helped my mom and care for him in ways a first born son could not.
That was God at work, putting the salve on my wound so I could heal as my father died. 
So He could use me to lead my father to Jesus before his death.

They say out of sorrow comes JOY. 
I found that to be true in this case.









No comments:

Post a Comment