Kids

Kids
The reason I do what I do!

Saturday, February 9, 2013

taking a break from life....

It does not happen very often but I am on break.
My daughter made an honor band at UNI and I am with her for the weekend.
As she has been at classes day and night learning the material,

I am just being.
Yes it is awkward and weird not to be cooking and cleaning for my crew and countless others.
It is weird to say I want to go______ and do _____ because I want to.
Not because someone else needs me too.
I have had 2 days to study God's word, read books, and watch movies.
I am loving the hot tub and think it might be a wise investment in the future..

It has been a nice break, but in all honesty I miss all the things I normally do.
I see this break as a time for God to refresh me and show me  how I am doing.
I am getting a chance to step back and look at my job and do a review of sorts on myself.
I see areas for improvement and areas I am doing much better in than I was a year ago.

As my life is ever changing so is my job description. God gave me my review at just the right time. I am going into my 24th year of marriage and 17th year of parenting.
I have learned so much and am so Thankful that God has been so gracious to me. I can see how the potter is shaping the clay. With the love and water He uses I can be shaped just how he needs me to be.

Tomorrow I will be back to the rat race but right now I am soaking it all in!
God is GOOD!


No comments:

Post a Comment