Kids

Kids
The reason I do what I do!

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Gopher wood?

So reading I have been compelled by God and sheer curiosity about Noah & this ark.

The instructions are so detailed. 
Exact type & size of wood, how to fashion it, even make it waterproof...

There definitely was a plan for this! Noah listened and obeyed. 
Every thing as done according to what God said.

He also had a plan on what was to go inside 2 of every kind....
Male and female....

Enough food to feed everyone... Really? 
I end up going to the store 2 times a week cause I forgot something...

A master plan from the Master.

Noah got to keep his wife, their sons and daughter in laws. They would repopulate the earth once this event was over.

They took animals to sacrifice and keep up their religious traditions. 

Which tells me something else was on the ark...
Sin.

God closed the door on the ark.
It was not done by human hands.....

Think about that!
Could every ear hear that door as God closed it? 
Or did He do it with such a quiet, no one even noticed?

God guided Noah with detailed specific instructions,
Does he do that for me today?

Or am I too busy listen to a sermon, reading a book, or watching a man incessantly knocking on a door saying "Penny, Penny, Penny".

All the things we fill ourselves with.... Maybe God wants us to weed out some of the "noise".

Before Noah got his instructions it says, God's heart was deeply troubled about the state of man.(Genesis 6)

This past Sunday, Pastor Scott made us sit in church for 2 minuets to listen for God.
IT WAS THE LONGEST 2 MINUETS OF MY LIFE!!!

Sounds like I need to take some time out and search for some gopher wood.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment