Kids

Kids
The reason I do what I do!

Thursday, October 17, 2013

A Change of Season

The cool temperatures and grey skies are bringing it out in me.
The leaves crackling under my feet and the amazing smell of my neighbors first fire of the season in his fireplace almost make it official.
It is a change of season.

I love it.... pumpkin bars, candy corn, turkey....
Next it will be Christmas lights, egg nog, and cookies.

The change of the actual weather seasons enjoyable.
The changes that come with life, those changes are not so easy for me.

I am going through and amazing change in my season with one of my kids.
It seems the ones that effect me are the ones that have the strongest ties to my heart.

And since I am a momma, anything having to do with my kids is right there. Next to my heart.

Lately, I have been pondering the change that Noah went through.
He knew a change was coming.

God told him" I am going to put and end to all people"(Gen.6:13)

My change is no where near as drastic as that.
But my anxiety has me worrying....
how far this change will reach into my heart and family?

Just like Noah took refuge in the ark where God kept him dry and safe, I need to take refuge in God.

He will not leave me and will keep my heart safe.
It may hurt a bit.
It may transform my thinking and soften my heart. 

Trials and change move us from season to the next.
And in our next season someone or something might be missing.
But God promises to fill us where we are lacking. (Col. 1:9)
Hopefully, I can remain strong and come out on the other side looking more like Christ.




No comments:

Post a Comment