Kids

Kids
The reason I do what I do!

Monday, October 7, 2013

Charlie Brown says "Good Grief!".... I say God is in my grief.

Loss hits hard and fast sometimes, and in many forms.

On Tuesday last week I lost my final grandparent. It was hard even though we were not physically or emotionally close.

I think the reason I am struggling with it so much is that he was spiritually close to me. 
Grandma and Grandpa Lucas were the ones who never gave up on us and always let us know that God had a special place for us in His family.
They passed on a spiritual heritage to me that I will forever be grateful for.

Another loss is a slow loss of a close relationship. 
Someone I love is going through this and it seems like a similar loss.
This is more the kind of loss due to the lack of emotional closeness.

And the third is a idea that I had placed in my head in regards of how I wanted something in my childs life to take place.  That dream was dashed and now I am left with an emotional void, to an imaginary loss.

In these cases God promises to make the loss become a gain. 
In Philippians 3:7, But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ.

Though these things are hard right now and they make us uncomfortable on this earth. These losses make us more refined like pure silver. Our refined silver goes into our crowns that we will throw at the feet of Jesus.

The great theologian, Charlie Brown use to say "Good Grief!" all the time when Lucy would exasperate him.

This week when I am exasperated, I am saying "God is in my grief "  


 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
Deuteronomy 31:6


No comments:

Post a Comment