Kids

Kids
The reason I do what I do!

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Wood, hay, and straw

Listening to a sermon this morning got me thinking....
The pastor mentioned that most of what we do will be burned up and only the precious gold and jewels will be left when we stand before God. 

So I dove into 1 Cor. 3:11-13 looking at it it looks pretty simple, but as I thought about wood hay and straw I came to several conclusions:

1st they are temporary.
They can be destroyed by fire, they can rot, they can be eaten by animals.

2nd they can not stand alone.
They must be bound together,mixed with something else of substance to make them work. Like nails in the wood to hold it together. And they use to put straw in with clay to make bricks back in Biblical times. 

3rd they are not that valuable and were in abundance. 
Every forest had wood and every farmer and family had hay for living andd live stock.

So what are my wood, hay, and straw??
Is it my volenteering, my time with friends?
Maybe it is more like the time I waste on the computer, 
or the mindless tv I watch.
But it could also be good things 
that God does not really want me to focus on.

Where is my focus? 
Is it on PRECIOUS things? 
What is Gold, Silver, and Jewlels to him?

Praying LORD that you show me this morning what is PRECIOUS IN YOUR SIGHT. That I can focus on those things and start getting rid of the things that will burn up and do not matter to you.



No comments:

Post a Comment