Kids

Kids
The reason I do what I do!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The real circle of life....

I have decided that I am doing a GOOD JOB at being a mom!
Now as PRIDEFUL as that sounds,  I am seeing God work amazingly in the lives of my children.
I have prepared and still am preparing them to go off on their own.

But this last week, my oldest daughter is gone to Germany.
She is blossoming and loving everything that is happening even though she is on unfamiliar territory  and in an unfamiliar land.
She is eating things that if I put them in front of her she would never touch.
Seeing and learning from someone else than her Homeschool mom.
She is meeting new people and reaching out without me making a play date.

This should be a huge encouragement to those who have young kids and are struggling to get them to eat their dinner, or not bite their little friend on a play date.

Beyond all that, I know I am doing GOOD because it HURTS.
The pain that I feel because I miss her, is because I have done my job giving her a piece of my heart.
Sending her out into the world with a piece of myself is what God called me to do 17 years ago when He gave her to me.

I know this is only her visiting a foreign country, and some day she will leave me (us) and start a life of her own, hopefully with a husband, so she can continue this AMAZING cycle. Giving of herself to further HIS CALLING.

Train a child up in the way they should go and they will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6






No comments:

Post a Comment