Kids

Kids
The reason I do what I do!

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Her jar / His Jar

Reading a devotional I get each morning in an email really moved me this morning. 
And as I read John 4 about the Samaritan woman it hit me....

She was carrying a jar of water........ 
How heavy was it?
What was in the jar before she even got to the well?
How long was the rope that she had to have tied on it to get water?
How old was the jar? 
Was it handed down by her family?
What did this jar provide her?

Burdens and her hurt are what she carried in that jar even before she arrived at the well. 
Did it come from past failed relationships, abuse, or even bad habits she has tried and tried to dump out of her jar time and time again.
Was the rope a tie to her past, something she did not do,
 but a family secret?
Was she to scared to put the jar because that is all she knew?

Then she met the man who revealed what her jar was.
He called it what it was.
Showed her she was loved no matter what it contained and what it was tied to in the past.
He simply told her I love you....
Her response was AMAZING!!!!

SHE LEFT THE JAR!
Not thinking twice about it.
Sitting at Jesus feet.

Funny thing is that once she was free from the BURDEN of the jar she was able to go back and let others in her village see who was able to ERASE her past.

That day she got a new jar!
Filled with LIVING WATER!!!
He was the only one all along that could quench her thirst.








1 comment:

  1. I never thought about it like this before. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete